"Thoughts are free and subject to no rule. On them rests the freedom of man, and they tower above the light of nature...create a new heaven, a new firmament, a new source of energy from which new arts flow."

Paracelsus

Friday, September 12, 2008

Remembering 9/11


9/11, a day which will never be forgotten. A day which bought the World's most developed country and superpower on it's knees for a moment. A day which will be remembered by many lovers, wives, sons, husbands and mothers who lost their loved ones. 9/11 will be remembered as a day when many firefighters, volunteers, policemen and United 93 hero's sacrificed their lives for strangers.
This day also holds a very special significance in my life. This was my first day in United States of America. This is the day I will never forget for the rest of my life. I will always remember, what I and people around me had gone through. I can never forget this day as it changed the world around me forever. Although it has been seven long years, the scenes of 9/11 are still fresh in my mind as if it was just yesterday. The day still sends chills down my spine. The horrifying scenes of smoke and bodies still make me depressed.Whenever I look back and remember 9/11 I tremble remembering those images I had witnessed and the world around me which changed forever. And this was reality and not the "land of dreams" making 9/11 the first day and the worst day in US and the most memorable day ever in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis